Lewis Electronics specializes in brakes, tires, and car audio in Cleveland, OH. Having a clear idea of what your car needs are. Here is our quick guide on what you should check monthly, every 3 months, and every 6 months.
Once a Month
Every month, make sure to check all of these to keep your car running well.
- Oil Level- Add oil if it is low and make sure to check for leaks
- Hoses- Replace if they are bulging, rotten, or brittle
- Belts- Replace them if they're worn, frayed or glazed
- Tire Pressure- Add air if the pressure is too low
- Coolant or Antifreeze- Add if it is low and don't forget to check for leaks
- Air Filter- Replace it if it is dirty
- Inspect Tires- Evaluate them for damage, bulges, or uneven wear
Once Every 3 Months
Every three months, pencil it in on your calendar to check all of these levels.
- Oil and Oil Filter- Change every 3,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer
- Windshield Washer Fluid- Make sure to add fluid if low.
- Power Steering Fluid- Make sure to add fluid if low.
- Transmission Fluid- Make sure to add fluid if low.
- Battery Terminals and Cables- Clean if corroded.
- Lights- Ensure lights and turn signals work
Once Every 6 Months
Finally, every 6 months make sure all of these are checked so you can keep your car on the road.
- Wiper Blades- Check if worn, brittle, or smeary
- Horn- Test and make sure it works
- Brakes- Inspect for unusual wear and tear
- Spare Tire- Make sure it's fully inflated
- Exhaust System- Inspect for rust, damage, or loose parts.
- Shocks- Inspect for oil seepage and wear
Need More Help?
Lewis Electronics wants to be your one-stop shop for tires, brakes, car audio, and car alarms in Cleveland, OH today. We are proud to be your automotive repair service with technicians that have experience ranging from 10 years to 50 years. Our experienced technicians are ready to inspect, repair, and even provide ways for you to upgrade your vehicle with no hassle. Our qualified technicians with decades of experience are dedicated to helping you get the quality that you deserve. Whether you need to replace your tires, brakes, invest in car alarms, or even make your car “smarter,” we want to be your one-stop shop in any of our Ohio locations. Come visit us today to see why we’re the best automotive service in the area! Contact us today!